Wednesday 26 January 2011

Attempt 1 film magazine cover


This was my first attempt at creating a film magazine cover. It was created in Microsoft word and basic tools such as Wordart. In general I am happy with the outcome considering it is a first attempt, however I  am wanting to improve and change it vastly to produce a final product. I chose one of my own photographs which I thought was the most bold and effective. I created the name CUT for the name of the film magazine cover because it's a name that isn't used for any other publication, the connotations of it clearly relate to the film industry, but on the other hand is perfect to represent the type of genre 'zombie horror' as the word cut may represent the cut of a knife and is quite graphic. As this is a first draft for the final copy there will be vast improvements. These will include more sub stories, perhaps smaller framed pictures of different features within the magazine. I will research further into magazine covers, concentrating on the font type and size and generally where things are placed.

No comments:

Post a Comment