Thursday 17 March 2011

Evaluation question 2 - How effective is the combination of the main product and Acillinary texts?

2) How effective is the combination of the main product and Ancillinary texts?

The most significant part of my project is generally thought of as the main final production piece - my zombie teaser trailer. However to anchor in any audience, particulary my target audience and raise awareness of the production task, I had to produce two ancillinary tasks, one a film magazine cover, and two a film poster. Both to advertise my film 'Dead North'.

Two film magazine covers:





I wanted the zombie theme to be strong throughout my production and tasks, the same 'chiller' font is used on the poster and film magazine cover to introduce the title 'Dead North' this is to link in the two tasks, whilst staying within the zombie horror genre. It is filled in at the bottom with red to signify blood. I believe the zombie horror is portrayed within these tasks as the effects I used on photoshop emphasised the gore, with blood dripping down the close-up image of the face and the ghostly effects. I think it works particulary well as you can easily identify that it is the same cast used from the different images, therefore finalising it is the same zombie horror production. The certificate rating of 18 I have given it I believe is reflected in the ancillinary tasks aswell as the main production. I tried to make the poster and film magazine cover as shocking as possible, with the bold close-up image of the face.

Film Poster:




I have kept the two ancillinary tasks relativley similar when considering font and images, the features are clearly different and are easily identified as two different ways of advertising, but for the same production. The magazine cover features a veriety of different feature stories that would be incorporated within the magazine, this is to show the realism of the product. Also showing behind the scenes images to make the cover visually more attractive and to anchor in an audience.

The black, red and white writing is a bit of a theme used within the main production and the two smaller tasks. This is to signify again the gore and seriousness of the genre, but also as a kind of trademark for the film, a recognisable colour theme perhaps which may grab audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment