Thursday 17 March 2011

Evaluation question 3- What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Audience feedback is a vital form of media production. Attracting an audience is what initially a product is created  for. Appealing to your target audience is one of the most important factors included in this aspect of production. For this audience to get a prefered reading. the producer needs to understand the codes and conventions of the specific genre they are working with, what appeals to their target audience and if there is a gap in the market for their product. 

To understand this fully receiving audience feedback allows you to receive criticisms, improvements and strengths, from people who understand the genre and media form you are working with. This is what I set out to do.

When considering my ancillary tasks, the film magazine cover and film poster, I produced a draft of both. Here I received feedback from fellow students of written notes, video footage and new media technologies such as Twitter and Facebook. Within my written notes I received feedback which led me to realize that I needed to do more research into magazine covers, their features and consider things such as font etc. This is also applicable to my poster, and many people said I needed to look at horror specific posters and magazines such as Fangoria, the biggest selling horror magazine in the U.S. 

Other written comments include:
. You could produce a range of different magazine covers and posters featuring different characters, as part of a franchise. This would relate to real media products such as Harry Potter.
.Directors name and star 'ALICE TAYLOR' needs to be bigger on the poster.
.Reveiws on the poster - very important.




Twitter (wiki) Feedback.
A social networking and microblogging service, enabling its users to send and use messages.
This is a great way for audience feedback as it allows you to advertise to an audience you may not beable to otherwise, to complete strangers who can 'tweet' you comments and feedback, or your followers, who are generally friends and people you know of.


Here below is just some evidence of my audience feedback from twitter and shots of me sharing my drafts of my magazine cover and poster.




No comments:

Post a Comment