Thursday 17 March 2011

Evaluation question 4-How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?

How did you use new technologies in the construction, research, planning and evalutauion stages?

Each stage of media production is produced and evaluated within a veriety of different media technologies, this is included in research, planning and editing.
  Within my research and planning stages, the initial part of my project I used various websites to upload my horror trailer research such as Traileraddict (website), Youtube (website) and IMDB (website). IMDB was particulary useful as it gave you detailed information about the film you were researching, including director, date of release, budget etc.





To receive audience feedback I used the typical way of receiving it through cam corder footage, however I then investigated into using different types of media technologie to get the feedback. These include Twitter and Facebook, which are particularly valuable as they are easy and quick to set up, whilst you can recieve a large amont of varied feedback as they are large social networking sites. Also within my target audience they work very well, as the people I communicate with are generally that particular audience 18-25.

Blogger was my way of storing information, enabling me to save it without it being lost, online and easy to access. As it auto-saves regularly, it's a very reliable way of storing work and presenting it. However I often found it difficult to upload videos, which isn't a major problem as I have a youtube account and can recieve the embed code from there, but is more time consuming. Sometimes I could only upload a few pictures at once, which again was time consuming but a reliable way of saving, uploading and presenting them on my blog. I uploading pictures I took with a still camera outside my blog, which I then went to use on my ancillary text.

Photoshop (official site)was a programme I used alot in my ancillary tasks, I had little experience using photoshop but after tutorials I got to grips with it. It was a great media technologie to use as I could pull apart pictures, create a variety of effects, add filters to create a scary zombie look which was obviously benefitial.
For my magazine cover I did a variety of drafts, one with a close-up image, adding a filter and 'chiller' font, then adding various pictures at the bottom to show features within the magazine.
I then went on to another draft after receiving feedback, I used a similar layout but considered features of existing products more and incorporated a different background image.

To create my soundtrack I used the software Garage Band, (official site) I had experience of using this tool last year and was fairly comfortable with using it. I experimented with different sounds and instruments provided my the software, using sythnesizer sounds and church bells to create a ghostly sound. I could overlay these sounds and mix them together. After creating the tracks I would save the projects into a software programme called I-movie, I used this programme last year so was relatively comfortable with it. It then got put into final cut when edited down with the footage.

I edited my main product, after importing it into I-movie and basically editing it in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment